The Miracles of Your Mind - Book Summary
by Dr Joseph Murphy
“Dr Joseph Murphy expands on his theory that the latent powers inherent in our subconscious can improve our lives.”
How Your Own Mind Works:
The mind is classified into two categories: the objective mind and the subjective mind.
The objective mind - deals with external things - the voluntary mind. The subjective mind - or the subconscious mind, is the seat of your emotions - the involuntary mind.
The book will focus on the subjective mind, it tells us that if you accept and believe anything it will be picked up by your subconscious mind and will reflex back into your life.
“To discipline, your mind means to think constructively and harmoniously.”
The Subconscious Power:
There is a fact that the symptoms of almost any disease can be induced while we are in a hypnotic state.
Our minds can help us heal if we change the way we think about the problem.
If we believe in something(eg. Holy water or a pill) the suggestion is so powerful to our subconscious mind that it will heal us.
“Healing is due to a confident expectancy which acts as a powerful suggestion to the subconscious mind releasing its healing potency.”
- Stop feeling: fear, hate, guilt, and inferiority … Negative emotions are very destructive for you.
“You cannot attract what you criticize.”
- Do Not Use: It will be…, I hope….
- How you say it is important! - if you don’t believe it and just say it will not help you, since you don’t believe.
Example: “I have No headache!” instead use “It is passing away!”,”It will never return!” OR
inserted of ”I’m a millionaire!” use “Every day I’m being prospered in all of my interests!”
- Never mention a disease by name. If you keep saying them, they will take shape. Example: The author's friend had tuberculosis, and he was using something like “ Every cell and tissue of the lung are now being whole. My body is restored…”
- The law of reversed effort: The harder you try, the harder you fall.
Why some people fail after a while is because when we try to suppress a desire is temporary. We should aim to diminish the desire.
- You you need answers ask your subconscious for help, using the technique*.
- At night before bed, relax your body and mind.
- “Take a little phrase or affirmation, easily graven on the memory, and repeat it over and over again like a lullaby.”(Nancy School technique).
Note: Some pieces of information are left out of the book.
Get the full experience by reading it! ❤